Brown Girl Collective
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Brown Girl Collective Submission Form
Since its debut in July 2009, Brown Girl Collective's Facebook, Instagram & Twitter audiences have grown to reach hundreds of thousands of women (and a few good men) from across the world. However, with all of the people that have enjoyed the content shared on social media, there are still countless others who have never had the opportunity to learn about the BOLD, Brilliant and Beautiful women and girls that are being celebrated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365/366 days a year.
With that in mind, Brown Girl Collective is looking to expand upon its current format of sharing historical and current information about women from the African diaspora, to include more stories and profiles about the women and girls that are a part of our everyday lives, on our new and improved website. Why? Because ALL of our stories matter and have the potential to be an inspiration to someone else.
Listed below are the features that will be included in the new and improved Brown Girl Collective website. (Requirements are listed in more detail at the bottom of the page.)
- A CIRCLE OF SISTERFRIENDS
- ALL ABOUT HER BUSINESS
- THE DREAM TEAM
- EVENTS: LOCAL, NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL
- HELP A SISTER OUT
- HER STORY MATTERS
- I AM... BOLD. BRILLIANT. BEAUTIFUL.
- POETIC SUNDAY
- REP MY CITY
- SHE'S GOT NEXT, NOW!
- SISTER SPOTLIGHT
- SISTERS LIVING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX
- THE CREATIVE SPARK
NOTE: PLEASE utilize the appropriate link that is provided for each individual feature. Also, ALL stories, photos and/or articles that are featured will be attributed to you as the author and linked back to your personal blog, if applicable. By sharing your photo and/or profile, you are giving BGC authorization to utilize your submission, solely for editorial use on the Brown Girl Collective website and its social media platforms. ALL submissions are subject to editorial review to ensure that they match the vision and purpose of Brown Girl Collective. For general inquiries, please send a message to Editor@BrownGirlCollective.com.
When submitting a piece to be reviewed, please also keep in mind the following:
- Please send a short 2-3 sentence biography in the description of your piece.
- All submissions will be treated with the utmost respect and properly responded to within two weeks from the time of submission.
- ALL WRITING SUBMISSIONS TO BROWN GIRL COLLECTIVE MUST BE IN .DOC, .DOCX, .TXT, or .RTF FORMAT. (Please note: .DOC is preferred.)
Important legal disclaimer: By submitting an essay, op-ed, article, feature, story, poem, or fiction piece, you're agreeing to Brown Girl Collective's terms of service, which include:
- You relinquish rights to monetary compensation for work published on this site.
- You agree to allow Brown Girl Collective to make changes to the title of your submission, if necessary.
- If you choose to re-post or cross-post any piece featured on the site to another platform, you must provide a link to the original post on Brown Girl Collective.
If you experience a problem with this form, you may send your submission to Editor@BrownGirlCollective.com. Please note that emailed submissions require more time to review.
Looking forward to reading and sharing your submissions with the world!
Marcie L. Thomas
Founder and Chief Creative Curator
Brown Girl Collective